Welcome to my blog - Enjoy!

Monday, October 18, 2010

An Update






What a difference just a little bit of time makes - I don't know if I should just have a really really long blog post or just scrap it for a new blog. I think I am going to just keep this one. SO SO SO much has happened.... Mainly I lost my rock, a big part of my heart and the one who kept me grounded, my hero my mom. She was taken suddenly from us on Aug 4. Yep - that is also my birthday. It was an aneurysm. I know her and I know that believe it or not this is how she would want to have gone. Not on my birthday, but fast and quick. She was an AMAZING woman. A retired Air Force Colonel from the generation that BUSTED through the glass ceiling.

Because of her (and those like her) women can now serve in combat, women can fly jets, and no longer do we assume that if you are in the military you are a nurse. She gave everything she was to her 3 loves, her family, her country and her god. She is my idea of the ULTIMATE patriot and the best mom -
I miss her every day!
After her funeral, I made the heart wrenching decision to leave the home I love ~ Granbury and join my husband overseas in Korea. I don't think I have it in me to face this tragedy alone just yet. I wanted my family to be together to deal with our grief.
So far it has been a wonderful decision ~ We LOVE it here in Korea!!! It is an adventure every day!!! I will be trying to post our adventure in wonderland for you to enjoy!! As we see the county, and prepare to move to our new home in Italy, and know that I will be scrapping along the way! Until then - Hug your mom - let her know how you feel!!! Trust me, it can all be over in an instant!

1 comments:

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I'm sorry for you loss but glad you are enjoying Korea