Welcome to my blog - Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Starting Dear Jane

I have to say that I am very proud of myself. I have kept up with my 365 pictures! While I have not bloged every day as this would tend to bore the life out of my faithful followers - (oh ya I don't have any :)) and there is just not that much to share right now. I think I can only talk about packing for so long.
Today's picture is just a way to document my LOVE of tea.




There is one big accomplishment ~ I have started the other major project of the year. I am also embarking on a quest to finish a Dear Jane quilt. This past summer I enrolled in a Dear Jane Block of the Month. I had to do it over the summer because they are so very popular. Yesterday my 1st month came in!! I was so happy - This is a Dear Jane -

It is a reproduction of a quilt made by Jane Stickle during the civil war. It is 169 4inch blocks, and a quilt cornerstone. Hence the picture of the day the UGLY fabric that they sent me to start with - BLECH!!!


The Orange is called Cheddar - really??? cheddar as a color? It actually resembles the color of something left in a baby diaper. I did not realize that the quilt would be in civil war reproduction fabrics - Needless to say I think I am going out this afternoon to my favorite quilt shop to fix the awful color dilemma - I am documenting this journey on my other blog - devoted to quilting - Adventures in Seam Ripping http://adventuresinseamripping.blogspot.com/
So it looks like I am making 2 Dear janes, One out of colors that I like and one I think I will sell because I CAN NOT waste fabric. I think its a mortal sin!

I also scrapped - just 2 pages - One about our move (using a 365 Picture)



and one to start the book of me.



The last picture is of Sunday's 365 - It is of Jay playing around with Dylan and lifting him in the air. He really wanted me to take that one! I think I have the picture to use for the no shadows challenge over at the Sweet Shoppe.



Well I need to get going to the quilt shop ... and keep praying that Jay does not keep up with this at work, I'll tell him all about if AFTER I get back!! Have a great day everyone!

7 comments:

DawnMarch said...

Love the quilt! I am in what is probably lifelong process of creating a baltimore album quilt, which looks like it has a lot in common with these.

Lena said...

I didn't want to click to comment because I was having too much fun listening to No Rain. :P

I cannot wait to see how your quilt creating goes. I seriously want to run to Jo-Ann's every time I visit your blog. My machine is very dusty and I haven't used it in a year! :eek!: I made a sensory blanket for Gabriel's birthday last year.

And I love tea, too...I can so relate to that!!! :)

Have a great day! :)

Vanessa said...

Beautiful Quilt! You have a major tea collection!

Melissa said...

Great photos and pages! Oh yeah - and now you have a follower!

Holly Ann said...

I love tea too. Especially green tea and chai tea.

~Angie said...

I LOVE all the pics and what a beautiful quilt! I only wish I even had an inclinati0on of how to do it!!!!

NeeNee said...

What shop are you getting our Dear Jane fabrics from? I did mine through Stitchin' Heaven. I have not started it yet though! I just received the 24th kit in December. So yea, 25 months and I still haven't touched a block. But, hey....that is not surprising to hear is it? A quilter with a huge pile of UFO's? Never! Bwahahahahaha! Good Luck love!